The Boulevard Offers Tips for Downsizing
Spring has FINALLY sprung that means it’s time for that dreaded spring cleaning again. What usually is a feared task could be a great opportunity. While cleaning is never fun, it certainly can be useful in terms of getting yourself ready for a downsize in the future. We know that downsizing is difficult, stressful, and taxing, but important preparation for the years to come. Here are a few tips to help in your downsizing efforts.
1. Plan ahead- Don’t wait until the last minute. Make sure to set goals for yourself. Planning gives you and your family the opportunity to work on things together and make sure everyone is on the same page.
2. Keep the clutter out – Only keep the things you need; if you haven’t used it in a while, get rid of it. Think of quality vs. quantity.
3. Find a purpose for each of your items- Part of downsizing means thinking about having items multifunctional- storage as well as visually appealing.
4. Determine your lifestyle needs- Is your goal to move to a smaller space? Keep items that fit your new space, get rid of your oversized furniture and keep smaller, important pieces to highlight in your new home.
5. Get family involved- Getting family involved relieves some of the burden of making decisions alone. It also gives adult children the opportunity to speak up about they believe to be important.
These are just a few tips The Boulevard team has to offer. Please allow us to be a resource to you for downsizing in the future. We can help you every step of the way! Call (636) 757- 5077 to speak with someone today!